Division of information

Subject: Division of information
From: Megan Shult <Megan_Shult -at- HYSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 15:50:50 -0500

Hi everyone.

I'd like to know how writers at other companies
are dividing information between online and printed
documentation. We currently came out with our first
set of online documentation, after many years of
producing only printed documents. Although we did
make some changes in formatting and organization,
the two contain essentially the same information.

In the future we'd like to move towards eliminating
some of the redundancy. In your practice, what have
you found works best? Do users tend to expect more
procedural information online, or conceptual? How
have you split your information and how have users
responded to this?

Feel free to respond to me in email, and I'll summarize
and present the results to the list.

Thank you very much!

- Megan Shult
Hyperion Software