Re: Using software your clients propos

Subject: Re: Using software your clients propos
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 09:57:13 MST

Peter Kent <71601 -dot- 1266 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM> wrote-->
> If you know you can use a product, say you can. I have used
> Word Perfect now and again, but probably not in the past five
> years. But I've used literally hundreds of different computer
> programs over the last 15 years. I know I can pick up the
> essentials of Word Perfect in less than an hour, and be
> proficient in a few more hours. If someone asks if I can use
> WP, I'm not lying when I say yes!
======

And you are right, also, Peter. Thanks to standardized GUIs,
many software functions are the same regardless of the package.
This allows for super-quick learning.

I never meant to insinuate that the *answer* to the question was
dishonest. I was commenting on the silent one-person vote that
determined the meaning of the question. If this were an exercise
in a class on interpersonal communication and we assumed the
meaning of a "can you" question, I think we'd fail the exercise.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there is a list that
discusses interpersonal communication issues?

Bev
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil