couple of questions

Subject: couple of questions
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- IADFW -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 23:14:21 +0000

We're under fire at work. Suddenly our boss thinks that tech writers
ought to be able to read C and do telephony scripting using C
commands. He says that he and the president of our company think that
"most tech writers ought to be capable of this." Is this true? The
engineers who are currently helping us (two tech writers) say they've
never known a tech writer who can write these scripts, but I'm
wondering if there is something I don't know about the rest of the
tech writers out there!

I have seen books like "Teach Yourself C in 21 days" --- has anyone
tried this and how helpful was it? I'm willing to buy the book with
the thought that I might at least become knowledgeable about C,
though I do not entertain any thoughts of becoming a C programmer.

Anybody care to jump into the midst of what I suspect is more
political than practical at our company? I need to know...bad news or
good news.

Thanks.

Jane Bergen
Technical Writer
janeb -at- iadfw -dot- net or janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word
is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug" (Mark Twain)