Re: Why I write AND design (long)

Subject: Re: Why I write AND design (long)
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 20:22:39 -0500

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I appologize for having missed the origin of this thread...

> I do know that when the "design" gets in the way of functionality, you've
got a
> big problem on your hands. I'm really fortunate that I seem to have a good
eye
> for design (and I'm usually the entire project team when it comes to
design,
> layout, illustration, writing, editing, indexing...I needa raise!). Yeah,
it's
> a lot of work. But the satisfaction is tremendous when I get user feedback
that
> the manual has actually helped. Makes all those hats easier to wear,
y'know?
One of the other main reasons I became "all encompassing", so to speak, was
that it made it easier to get work. A potential client, may have been
looking for different people to do the different aspects of the project, but
, at least around here, they are more "receptive" to someone who can do more
than one aspect of the job. If you an offer the full range, they are more
willing to talk to you, as you might be able to do the whole thing, for less
money... I do provide that. If *I* can get the job, at good money for me,
and I know that it is way under what the cost of individuals would be, I'll
do it.

Stui

--
Stuart Reynolds