Re: Re. Keyboard vs. mouse

Subject: Re: Re. Keyboard vs. mouse
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 07:29:55 UNDEFINED

In article <9510018152 -dot- AA815259980 -at- feric -dot- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca> geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
writes:

> Which is faster, the keyboard or the mouse? As always (all
> together now!), "it depends". I find it damn near
> impossible to type quickly with my mouse <grin>, but
> selecting graphics with the keyboard is equally

I still work in DOS much of the time, and am so accustomed to the convenience
of the mouse that I unconsciously try to use it in DOS programs where it
either does not work or has only limited application. In Word, I have all my
macros on the toolbars so that I can use the mouse for those. I can't imagine
using a computer without a mouse. That said, I must confess that I am a fast
two-finger typist, but I still must look at the keyboard when typing, and that
alone makes me unqualified to evaluate the speed of "mousing" versus typing! -
Herm
***
Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com], marketing consultant/freelance
writer. Author How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant, other
business books. Publisher of how-to reports. Email request for
free report on writing. Visit at http://www.crimson.com/em/