Re: "Indexing HTML documents"

Subject: Re: "Indexing HTML documents"
From: George Allaman <gallama -at- LOOKOUT -dot- ECTE -dot- USWC -dot- USWEST -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 16:45:25 -0700

Responding to your frustrations using online help systems, I agree
enthusiastically. I haven't designed any online help systems, and
I certainly would be ashamed to put my name to most I've seen. It does
seem to me that the technology is such that they should be more
intelligent. They seem to assume you already know how to find the
information you are looking for. In fact, it's generally something very
obsure or you would probably not need help. I think your comment on the
lack of synonyms is right on target.

George Allaman | |
Tech Writer | <clever, meaningful |
Denver, Colorado | quip which somehow |
Office (303) 624-1619 | summarizes my life |
Home (303) 771-8060 | philophy> |
Alternate: georgea -at- csn -dot- net | |