Re: Re[2]: couple of questions

Subject: Re: Re[2]: couple of questions
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 14:22:27 -0800

At 04:12 PM 11/11/95 -0500, Kris Olberg wrote:
>In a message dated 95-11-11 12:35:19 EST, karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM (Karen Kay)
>writes:

>> The truth is that most writers *can* learn to program.

>This sounds more than an opinion rather than the truth.

It's an opinion based on taking a C course at the age of 44 without taking
the prereqs and without having had math (which was college algebra) since I
was 19. I won't say it was easy, but I survived the class, and the
experience has been invaluable. I've only been a tech writer for less than
two years--before that I was a linguist. So I haven't even had that much
passive exposure to computers and to programming thought.

I think believing that writers *can't* learn to program does them a gross
disservice.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com