ISTI (International Society for Technical Illlustrators)

Subject: ISTI (International Society for Technical Illlustrators)
From: "Michael J. Maloney" <MMaloney -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 11:57:31 -0500

Dear Fellow Professional Communicators:

This posting is a little "early". The ISTI web site is still under
construction.

However, with two or three whiners (whoops, make that whirllers) diving off
each day, because the list population can't stay focused, I thought it might
be prudent to post now, before everyone goes home.

As long as I'm on the air, let me put in my 2 cents worth. Successful
technical communication is a partnership between many skills and
technologies. Technical illustrators and the products they produce are
critical components in this mix. I'd bet dimes to donuts that less than 2% of
this lists dialog relates to technical illustration.

Yep, got a bone to pick. According to ERIC, this list is supposed to about
Technical Communication and issues pertinent to that subject. Of course,
along with an acceptable amount social chit-chat, fun poking and kidding
around.

Some of the subscribers take the rules much too seriously, others not serious
enough. Take this correspondence for example. Is it ON or OFF the subject? Am
I whining or informing? Am I bringing up a good point (regarding technical
illustration), or harping on a pet peeve?

I just heard my quarter drop, so I only have a few seconds.

Visit the EPIC HomePage. Learn more about the ISTI.

http://www.epic-isti.com