Favorite wp programs

Subject: Favorite wp programs
From: Mary Howe <howe -at- KUHUB -dot- CC -dot- UKANS -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 16:12:39 -0600

I'm new to tech writing, and the things
I'm working on don't require DTP software (although I can see
that Framemaker could be something I might want someday). I'm
interested in people's word processing software preferences. I've seen
mostly references to Word on this list, and very little on WordPerfect.
I've been a WordPerfect weenie for many years now, and I still love it,
possibly just because I know it very very well. So can anyone tell me
why you use Word (or other stuff) as opposed to WordPerfect? Is there
something I don't know that would be helpful to me as a tech writer? I
might add that WP handles Master Documents relatively easily, and I've
seen lots of complaining here about this feature in Word.

Mary Howe

New email address as of Dec. 15: thunder -at- idir -dot- net

Child Language Program Phone (913) 864-4789
University of Kansas email howe -at- kuhub -dot- cc -dot- ukans -dot- edu
1082 Dole Center
Lawrence, KS 66045