Re: Software project (mis)management

Subject: Re: Software project (mis)management
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 13:38:49 MST

Geoff Hart wrote-->
> I came across an article that those of us in the software
> business should pass along to our programmers: "How
> software doesn't work" (Alan Joch, _Byte_, Dec. 1995,
> p.49-60) This follows an article that appeared about a year
> ago in Scientific American ("Software's Chronic Crisis",
> other details not close at hand).
=================

Geoff, your post reminded me of a book I read about a year ago
that is about the very thing you describe. The book's title is
"Digital Woes -- Why We Should Not Depend on Software".
The author, Lauren Ruth Wiener, is a technical writer in the
software industry.

An excellent, easy-to-read, *scary* book about how complex
software is becoming and how it is impossible to test for every
potential point of failure.

Highly recommended.
(Lauren, if you're on this list, Nice Work!)

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=