Re: Proper use of commas in England?

Subject: Re: Proper use of commas in England?
From: David Somers <dmps -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 00:32:20 +-100

When I was at school in England I was taught to add the comma, but =
recently people have tended to drop it... it appears that schools are =
just not teaching people how to write properly; some people haven't =
heard of a colon or even a semicolon.

Oh, and when sending stuff over to England don't forget to also change =
those zees to zeds... that is one thing that's really guaranteed to =
upset people!

Regards,

David
(Originally from England, but now working in The Netherlands writing =
documentation in American English).