Phantom emailer (fwd)

Subject: Phantom emailer (fwd)
From: John Wilcox <wilcox -at- FRUGAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 11:33:17 -0800

This is very curious. The following message appears to have been mailed from
my account to my account, yet signed Gretchen. Some on this list have said
they know how this can be done. So how can someone else use my account
without being logged in as me? The only way I know of is that they know my
password. Only my wife and the local sysadmins know my password. I assure
you I can rule out my wife as the culprit. Do you think it could be someone
who also has an account at the same Internet service provider?

John Wilcox (bewildered, and jobless, in Seattle)

Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 21:11:08 -0500
From: Gretchen Toth <glt -at- ICONOVEX -dot- COM>
Subject: <No subject given>

Hi all,

As you could see (read) from my last verbose posting, my job does not keep
me very busy. as a result, I have much free time to "hang with the net."

bugaboo & 23 skidoooo
[A [A [A [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [CA [B [B [B [D [D [D [D [D
[D [D [D [D [D [D [D [D [D [D [D [D [D.
-----

Gretchen L. Toth
Technical Writer
The Iconovex Corporation
gretchen -dot- toth -at- iconovex -dot- com
http://www.iconovex.com