Re: Tech writer who can't write a resume

Subject: Re: Tech writer who can't write a resume
From: Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 23:11:58 GMT

At the risk of stating the obvious . . .

I think resume writing is a prime example of when a peer edit is a Good
Idea (always supposing you aren't competing for the same job). I've
written my own resumes, but I've always had one of the other writers or
editors edit the thing. I also tend to reorganize it depending on what
job I'm after and which of my many skills I'm trying to emphasize (like
modesty).

Just a question for those of you who object to a tech writer farming out
a resume: What's the difference between an engineer hiring a tech writer
to write a procedure and a technical writer hiring someone to design a
resume? Different specialties.

Nancy Lynn Hayes | "May your dreams be merry and bright
(nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov) | and may all your Christmasses be white."
(OV: NHAYES) | -- White Christmas