Re: Acronyms in section headers

Subject: Re: Acronyms in section headers
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 11:52:21 -0800

Bev Parks wrote:
> If I'm scanning a manual looking for the section about
> a particular screen, my eyes/mind will much more quickly lock on
> the header that matches the screen title *exactly*. I don't want to
> have to mentally process a bunch of extra words in order to know that,
> yes, this is the section I'm looking for.

If I'm trying to find the section that will help me with the ftp screen, I
don't care that ftp means file transfer protocol. I may later learn this while
reading the section, but first I want the info and I want it NOW. Do I sound
like a frustrated reader desperately trying to find an answer?

Sue Ellen Adkins
sea -at- netcom -dot- com