Re: Resumes - writing your own - Hobbies

Subject: Re: Resumes - writing your own - Hobbies
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 15:06:28 -0700

Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM> comments:

> Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- onyxgfx -dot- com> said:
> >1. It reveals quite a bit about your basic personality:
> > - If you list all solo activities, you may not be a "team"
> > player... which may be what they are looking for.

> A dangerous assumption to make, either way.
[snip]
> For many people, their hobbies are quite opposite from their regular
> work and activities. Someone who often works in a "team" situation
> may enjoy such an environment for working in, but may still want some
>time to himself now and then, and may thus turn to non-team hobbies.

Definitely a point to consider...especially as one datum does not
a trend make. (However, I *did* say "all" solo activities... :-) )
Thanks for the enlightenment.

Grant

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer
Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com
#include <std_disclaim>

"People forget how fast you did a job --
they remember how well you did it."
-- Howard W. Newton