Using MailManager for QMail

Subject: Using MailManager for QMail
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 14:31:11 -0800

3:56 PM 12/27/95

For those of you using QuickMail, I have come up with a very useful
application for MailManager. To avoid being inundated with list serve
messages from this list service, I use MailManager to automatically place
incoming messages in a QuickMail folder, forward a copy to my home email
address, and delete the original copy. Now, I just look in the appropriate
folder once or twice a day to read what's there. Using this method, I can
still read messages during the day and respond to them, rather than having to
wait to read all the messages at once.

Likewise, you can do the same sort of thing with messages from individuals.
For example, you can have a folder for various persons that you get regular
email from and have MailManager file them away for you all day long in
appropriate folders, then every so often you take a gander at the messages in
each folder to see what's there. You can even have MailManager generate an
automated response notifying the sender that you have received their message
and will respond as soon as time permits. Saves time, keeps things organized.
No muss, no fuss.

And MailManager itself is quite easy to use. Give it a go.