Job open--Sr tech writer, L.A. area

Subject: Job open--Sr tech writer, L.A. area
From: Margaret Thomas <marg -at- STC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 15:16:22 -0800

Senior Software Technical Writer
Position Available in the L.A. area

Software Technologies is a small company that's undergoing rapid growth.
We write a suite of software tools that are designed to enhance information
flow through large institutions. Our major product, DataGate, is a
networked message exchange hub that runs on UNIX platforms.

We're looking for a senior software technical writer. You'll be part of a
small team of highly skilled writers that report to the Manager of
Technical Documentation in STC's R&D department.

You'll be responsible for researching, analyzing, organizing, writing, and
editing software user guides and on-line documentation for STC's software
products. The audience for our documentation includes programmers, system
administrators, as well as less computer-savvy end-users. You'll be
responsible for scheduling your time to meet deadlines.

The range of manual topics includes site configuration, programming,
operations and administration, installation, and GUI use.

You'll be gathering information from diverse sources, including attending
design meetings, interviewing software developers and technical support
staff, and from using the software during various stages of development.
Your contributions to the design of the product will be solicited and
valued.

Software skills needed: FrameMaker or comparable book-creation tool.
Experience with object-oriented graphics package (such as Canvas or
CorelDraw) for creating simple line drawings. Familiarity with using
screen-grab utilities. Work platform may be Macintosh, UNIX, PC/Windows,
depending on project. Experience with UNIX or another multi-user,
shared-resource operating system is a plus.

STC offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.

If you're interested in applying for this position, please mail your resume
and cover letter to:

Software Technologies Corp.
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 661090