Re: Robert Plamondon's comments re: writers who R not good

Subject: Re: Robert Plamondon's comments re: writers who R not good
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 00:05:17 GMT

-> >Then you'd likely end up with a writer who can't spell or even run a spell-
-> >check program. It seems perfectly reasonable to me to expect perfection, at
-> >least in spelling, on a resume; it is, after all, such a simple thing to

-> In any event, you are making what I consider to be a false conclusion:
-> that people who are erratic spellers are incapable of performing in
-> our industry. This is not my experience -- some of the best and brightest
-> people I've ever worked with could not spell to save their lives.

I am skeptical about that. I think good spelling and grammar are
necessities for this profession, and a writer who lacks that background
and relies on the computer to do it all is asking for trouble. I would
never be able to stop wondering what *else* such a writer's background
lacks. And how would such a writer ever know if the machine screwed up?

I wouldn't have much faith in a surgeon who's all thumbs, either.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
http://www.mustang.com ftp://ftp.mustang.com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500