Re[2]: Certification

Subject: Re[2]: Certification
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 08:17:00 -0600

To facilitate this discussion, perhaps
proponents of certification could make some concrete suggestions of
certification requirements. Then we could discuss THOSE suggested
requirements, rather than introducing with each post new horror
stories about the possible results of certification.

Good Idea. And might I add that "test your writing ability" is not concrete.
What kind of test? Over what kind of material? Under what conditions? (Someone
mentioned CPA recently. The last time we checked, the CPA exam didn't permit the
use of calculators or computers during the test. That prevents unfamiliarity
with specific tools to bias the exam, but are we talking about longhand exams?)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124