Re: PostScript.

Subject: Re: PostScript.
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 08:38:00 -0600

PostScript (PS) is the standard for the printing industry. If you
send your doc out to a printer, you'll have to use Type 1 fonts.
Type 1 fonts are generally of better quality than TrueType.

While the first statement is undeniably true, the second is relies for its
truth on the foundries in question. TT is technically the better font
specification, but its reputation has suffered from having more low-quality
houses design fonts for it than PS. TT fonts from high-quality foundries
look better than PS ones, at least to me.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124