Re: How long does it take you?

Subject: Re: How long does it take you?
From: George Allaman <gallama -at- LOOKOUT -dot- ECTE -dot- USWC -dot- USWEST -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 09:09:52 -0700

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Wolf Lahti wrote:

> Tracy Boyington said
> >
> >How do you estimate how long it will take to complete a project? What
> >criteria do you use? What are your benchmarks?

> I've always been terrible at estimating time to complete a project or any
> portion of one. Fortunately this hasn't been a problem because I'm
> apparently speedier than average. Former managers have given me assignments
> that they estimate would take, for instance, three days to a week, and I've
> typically had it done for them in a matter of hours.

> However nice this may be, it does not contribute to a good sense of task
> estimating.

And you're telling us this because...?

(Sorry, Wolf! Couldn't resist the temptation for a friendly poke in the
ribs.)

|George Allaman | |
|Tech Writer | <clever, meaningful |
|Denver, Colorado | quip which somehow |
|Office (303) 624-1619 | summarizes my life |
|Home (303) 771-8060 | philosophy> |
|Alternate: georgea -at- csn -dot- net | |