Re: Certification

Subject: Re: Certification
From: Stuart Reynolds <reynolds -at- IC -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 21:57:36 -0500

> I'm saying that the correlation between qualifications and quality =
work
> is weak. And what qualities would a certificate indicate that a
> resume does not? My diploma contains far less information than even
> a one-sentence description of my coursework, for example.

>>issue. You are vague about exactly how much useful information a =
>>certificate
>>would carry. I propose that, although it would not always give an =
>>accurate
>>indication of a person's competence, more often than not it would.=20

Nah.. All it proves is that the person was bothered enough, to not waste =
their money (or government funding), turned up for all their classes and =
turned in the required course work. I don't mean to belittle anyone =
here, but a certificate (I have them too and know my own competence), is =
no sure indicator of anything more. I'd have to agree with Robert on =
this one.

Ta'ra

Stui

Stuart
---------
reynolds -at- ic -dot- net
First Impression Graphics
web page design & implementation
tech writing, creative concepts, graphic design,=20
DTP, exhibition graphics, packaging solutions