Re: Internet vs internet

Subject: Re: Internet vs internet
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 10:50:06 -0800

>Thus, there is *no* inconsistency in use. You're just confusing
>two concepts that have similar written identifiers.

I didn't mean that the usage is internally inconsistent.

The inconsistency I was agreeing with Tom Little about is that in English,
as opposed to the practice in naming unix and C "identifiers," we don't
normally use differences in capitalization to distinguish between words.
That practice is inconsistent with the usual uses of capitalization in
English. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro