Re: Quote Marks

Subject: Re: Quote Marks
From: Stan Brown <stbrown -at- NACS -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 23:27:26 -0500

In this discussion of how to format stuff the user types at the keyboard, I
think an existing industry standard may have been overlooked.

From the mention of keys like F3 and Enter, I assume at least a significant
number of posters are talking about the MS-DOS and MS-Windows world. I
believe that a de facto standard already exists. For key names, it is small
caps (in the same type face as normal text). That's how Microsoft does it
in its own manuals, and I think those of us writing for products that run
on Microsoft operating systems would need a good reason to diverge from
that standard, regardless how we may feel about Microsoft.

Regards,
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems Cleveland, Ohio USA +1 216 371-0043
email: stbrown -at- nacs -dot- net Web: http://www.nacs.net/~stbrown