$/word: the author responds

Subject: $/word: the author responds
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 09:19:14 -0600

Thanks from me and the author for all who responded to my
reposting of a colleague's anonymous request for advice on
a "pay per word" arrangement. The author has forwarded his
response, with additional questions:

*********************************
The Second Tech Writer speaks

First of all, this is NOT a joke. It IS a predicament.

Second of all, thanks for all of your responses to my
request.

Third of all, I don't think it is a predicament any longer.
Handing my boss the sheaf of your responses should disabuse
him of this idea.

Fourth of all, I find it interesting that I myself never
considered a conflict of interest (baby needs a new pair of
shoes). I am so used to my writing style that I never
considered that I might ...mmmmmmm..... deviate from my
normal concise TWing.

Pages of product doesn't seem any better, either.

WHAT do we DO to quantify our production????? My boss will
not rest until we have a statistic to measure.

The Second Tech Writer anonymous due to co-workers
on the list

Note to those whose software quotes responses
automatically: this isn't _my_ message, so don't quote _me_
on it. Let the debate begin anew! <grin>

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.