Pacal It Is

Subject: Pacal It Is
From: Dot James <dot -at- HPOEMB05 -dot- SJ -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 07:18:46 PST

I checked my ref book for quotes to find that, indeed, the quote initially attributed to Twain, then to Franklin, then to Lincoln, regarding writing long letters is Blaise Pascal.

Kudos to the guy on this list (whose name I have deleted, unfortunately) for doing his research instead of being lazy like the rest of us -- I'm the one who thought it was Lincoln -- who just accepted what we remembered from our distant pasts.
--
Dot James in San Jose, CA "The secret of happiness is not doing
dot -at- hpoemb05 -dot- sj -dot- hp -dot- com what one likes to do, but in liking