Re: Writing for direct mail

Subject: Re: Writing for direct mail
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 11:05:17 -0700

Tell them to look into joining the AMA (American Management Association)

P.O. Box 319 Sarnac Lake, NY 12983
800-262-9699
I get more good info from them than I know what to do with.

Specific Course Flyers:
Career Track 1-800-837-4398
"How to design eye-catching brochures, newsletters, ads, reports, etc."

Padgett Thompson 913-451-2900
"How to create newsletters people will read"

NOTE: I have not (yet) taken courses form either of these folks, so I
don't know about quality. Also, I realize that this is not a 100%
match with your request, but it was the best I could do in a 5-min
search. :-)

Grant

Judith Blackbourn <JudiStaal -at- msn -dot- com> asks:
> Our marketing department is looking for books, seminars, or workshops for
> developing a winning writing style to use in direct mail. Anyone out there
> familiar with this genre?

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer, Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com
#include <std_disclaim>

"Well, there is a limit past which philosophy becomes utter nonsense
(though perhaps one becomes a bit more sensitive to it when working
at a university, where going past this limit is a daily event)."
--Clay Bond