Re: User Interface Design book recommendation

Subject: Re: User Interface Design book recommendation
From: "Dennis Hays/The Burden Lake Group, Ltd." <dlhays -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 08:32:15 -0500

>> SANDRA CHARKER <scharker -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au> writes:

>> Most user interfaces are still designed by programmers, an increasing
>> number of whom are growing uneasy as they glimpse the gulf between the skill
>> set needed for software construction and the skill set needed for software
>> design. ...<

> GARY MERRILL <merrill -at- hyperion -dot- pdial -dot- interpath -dot- net> wrote
> It is a mistake to suppose that "software construction" and "software
design"
>are distinct in the manner implied.

I've seen recently a distinct gulf between the technical project leader who
has a VMS background dictating the design and content of the screens/windows
and the young, design conscious programmers who have some background in user
interface designs. I think Sandra has a point. And that point is becoming
more and more obvious.

-------------> Dennis Hays, The Burden Lake Group, Ltd.
-------------> Voice: 518/477-6388 Fax: 518/477-5006
-------------> E-Mail: dlhays -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com