A reason to use Word -- and Frame

Subject: A reason to use Word -- and Frame
From: Richard G Harris <rgh -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 08:42:32 +0001

I use FrameMaker on the PC. If I could, I would do most of my work in
FrameMaker. I initially create my text input using Word though.

The reson is simple enough. Other people use some of the stuff I write.
That's important because they sometimes use other tools.

For our needs at least, Word seems to be a more universally recognized
file type. Also we routinely use Word to save documents in another format
such as *.txt or *.rtf.

For long documents we write each chapter separately; that kind of chunking
also helps other people use my stuff.

Food for thought...

Dick Harris
Waters Corp.