Re: Tech writing to MarCom???

Subject: Re: Tech writing to MarCom???
From: Tim O'Neill <budjit -at- DATAPLUSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 21:14:26 -0600

Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395) wrote:

> Jane Bergen asked:

> > 4. Is the Marketing Communications PIC (national level) still around?
> > My e-mail queries have gone unanswered. I sent e-mail to an address
> > listed in a brochure I got from the national office.

> Yes, it's still around. The PIC manager is Martha Bednarz.
> You can reach Martha at onyxcom -at- delphi -dot- com -dot-

> The STC Annual Conference will include sessions on MarCom; check
> the preliminary program, which will appear in the next issue of
> Intercom.

> As far as words of wisdom for making the transition to MarCom:
> You'll use a lot of the same skills you used in your last job, but
> your projects will be much shorter in duration, you'll typically
> work on several projects at once, and your primary purpose in
> communicating will now be to persuade or inform *about* something
> rather than informing *how to do* something.

..and typically, you will be asked to stretch the truth up to literally lying about your product. Forget about living
documents and maintaining them...you will be working on a "project basis", not a "process basis". Good Luck!

--
|Tim O'Neill New Media Publishing Services|
|BudJit Graphics budjit -at- dataplusnet -dot- com|