Re: Any Web Page Designers Out There?

Subject: Re: Any Web Page Designers Out There?
From: Tim O'Neill <budjit -at- DATAPLUSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 12:52:03 -0600

Kathleen Walsh wrote:

> Along these lines, what do you designers use to create your pages.

> I have been using WordPerfect's Internet Publisher, but just ordered
> WordPerfect SGML version for evaluation. WPIP is limited in what it can
> produce.

> I am responsible for maintaining our company's web site (and partly
> responsible for its content and design): http://www.qantel.com

> Kathleen

Since you are already a site admin...I'll probably be telling you something you already know. If so, it is for the benefit
of the other listmembers.

Unless you already have a lot of pre-formatted documents (i.e.Wordperfect or Word) you want to serve, the easiest thing to do
is to find something you like (designwise)on the web, download its source code, and modify the content between the tags.
That will also give you an appreciation for how the dang thing works and you can *fix* the HTML that the commercial filters
and translators treat poorly.

You can use something as simple as Windows Notepad or DOS Edit; a nice next step up is HTML Assistant; giving you pushbuttons
to insert tags so you don't have to type <stuff>. Write me and I'll find the URL to download it.

--
|Tim O'Neill New Media Publishing Services|
|BudJit Graphics budjit -at- dataplusnet -dot- com|