Re: Help w/TW skills

Subject: Re: Help w/TW skills
From: David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 08:26:50 EST

Lynn Beene asks what we believe are the top skills she should teach in a TW
course. Personally, I find that the two most valuable skills tech writers need
are the abilities to EFFECTIVELY interview and to EFFECTIVELY organize
information.

Since we, as a profession, are slowly moving to the electronic presentation of
information, we need to be able to focus on topics, tasks, and processes. We
need to learn to think holistically, not simply linearly. We also need to be
able to ask the same questions the users would ask, were they able to do so.

David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com
This has been one man's opinion, yours may vary with mileage.