what do you mean, Other English Versions?

Subject: what do you mean, Other English Versions?
From: Writan Consulting <writan -at- VIANET -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:04:32 +0800

Stan Radomski said:
>The US version should read:

>"Securely fasten hood to body by tightening four bolts to 45 +/- 5 inch-
>pounds."

>Canadian version should read:

>"Securely fasten hood to body by tightening four bolts to 0.5 +/- 0.05
> kilograms-meter."

>Other English language versions should read:

>"Securely fasten bonnet to body by tightening four bolts to 0,5 +/- 0,05
> kilograms-meter."

hmm - I've noticed this a few times lately. Americans seem to think that
the rest of the English speaking world follows European numbering
conventions, but US spelling of metric terms.

In Australia at least, that would be 0.5 kilograms-metre.

Can anyone tell me if NZ, SA or the UK vary?

/anne...
writan -at- vianet -dot- net -dot- au