Re: online or on-line

Subject: Re: online or on-line
From: Eric Crump <wleric -at- SHOWME -dot- MISSOURI -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:52:47 -0600

Kent & Joyce,

I like 'online' myself. I don't think it's incorrect. It's an option at a
time when standards are in flux. What was wrong last year is this year's
evolving convention.

Besides, it make sense. Why waste all those precious hyphens. Save 'em for
words that really need them. I spell it 'online'. That's the way a lot of
people who live & work online spell it. As it becomes a natural environment
for enough people, it'll become normal.

--Eric Crump