Re: Request for change

Subject: Re: Request for change
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH2 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 07:43:58 MST

> For a more wide-ranging discussion of words, and whether to hyphenate on-
> line, and lots of cheery, breezy, irrelevant banter, visit the
> copyediting list. It's active and it's usually polite. To subscribe,
> send the message SUBSCRIBE COPYEDITING-L YourName to
> listproc -at- cornell -dot- edu .

Right. And while you're subscribed to both techwr-l and
copyediting-l, don't expect to get much work done because you'll
be spending all your time scanning email.

The traffic on copyediting-l is even heavier (much heavier at
times) than on techwr-l. It would be nice if busy tech writers
could depend on techwr-l to address the smaller issues of
writing for a living as well as the big-picture issues.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh2 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "I am not speaking for my employer." =*=