"The new way to 'office'"???

Subject: "The new way to 'office'"???
From: Yvonne DeGraw <yvonne -at- SILCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 08:26:12 -0700

Have any of you noticed the new Kinko's ad slogan -- "The new way to office"?

"Office" as a verb? I guess it's just an advertising thing, and it did
catch my attention. I'm generally in favor of verbizing nouns where a
useful purpose is served, and I am part of their "small office, home
office" target market.

But, this new verb they are proposing sounds so odd. I suppose you could
argue that it is specific to white-collar work, while the verb "work" is
non-specific.

Yvonne DeGraw, Technical Services o Web Authoring
yvonne -at- silcom -dot- com o Technical Writing
http://www.silcom.com/~yvonne/ o Database Design and Publishing
Tel: 805/683-5784 o User-Interface Design