Re: Tufte's books -- and seminars (NYC area)

Subject: Re: Tufte's books -- and seminars (NYC area)
From: FRANK DOMINGUEZ <frankd -at- 5FLSVR1 -dot- SIF -dot- STATE -dot- NY -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 13:09:36 EST

On 2 Feb 96 at 13:30, Mark I Halpern wrote:

> Colleagues,

> If you want the two books Edward Tufte has written on the
> visual presentation of information, but are a little intimidated
> by their price, try this: get your employer to send you to one
> of his one-day seminars. He gives them in most major cities
> during each year, and they're well worth attending. But the
> best part is that each attendee gets copies of both books -- and
> most employers will let the employees keep those copies.

> Mark
> mark_halpern -at- tesseract -dot- com

I just received a flyer announcing Tufte's seminars to be held in NYC
next month. I don't have the flyer with me right now but there were
about 4 sessions scheduled for mid-March, some in midtown and others
in downtown Manhattan. The price for the one-day seminar was about
$250 including copies of both of Tufte's books and a graphic
depicting the overpowering strength of Napoleon's forces in 1812
as they moved across Poland into Russia toward Moscow and how these
forces were reduced to a trickle as time went on and they eventually
retreated.
>>> The flyer mentions a 25% discount for groups of 10 or more
>>> registering together. If any of you fellow TECHWR-L-ers would
>>> be interested in forming a group please send me e-mail A.S.A.P. !
Francisco Dominguez, Jr. E-Mail:
77 Poplar Drive FRANKD -at- 5flsvr1 -dot- sif -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us
East Hills, NY 11576-2223 frankd -at- i-2000 -dot- com
FranciscoD -at- aol -dot- com