Re: Peter Kent's Contractor's Guide

Subject: Re: Peter Kent's Contractor's Guide
From: Frank -dot- Harper -at- ES -dot- ATL -dot- SITA -dot- INT
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 08:21:18 PST

I purchased Peter Kent's book about five years ago when I was looking for work.
I found it very useful. Not because it found me jobs, but because it gave me an
insight into the field of contracting. I had just finished my first contract
just about the time Eastern Airlines closed and dumped 20,000 people into the
Atlanta job market. Times were a bit tough for me - it took six months to find a
new contract.

I would recommend the book to anyone who is contemplating contract work. It is
no substitute for plain legwork in finding a new contract, but it certainly is
good at giving a perspective on the general contracting area. I presented a 1
hour session on Contracting at our regional seminar "Currents" earlier this
month and recommended his book as a good resource, but not the only resource.

So, "Contractor's Guide to Technical Writing" gets my vote.
H. Frank Harper | Two rules in life:
Technical Writer | 1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
hfharper -at- pobox -dot- com | 2. It's ALL small stuff.