carpal tunnel syndrome

Subject: carpal tunnel syndrome
From: David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 16:27:08 -0500

Garret Romaine writes:

It does strike men less often than women. It affects me MUCH more w/
mousing than simple keyboarding. I do have fewer problems when I work
to strengthen my arms and shoulders, but I also have fewer problems
when I mouse less.
-------------------------------end of quote---------------------

I have a mouse and a tracker ball and swap between them. There are some jobs
I'd hate to use a keyboard for. One of them is playing solitaire, which I do
when my highly unsatisfactory Internet link sits and thinks. (Actually I
wish it was capable of thinking. I strongly suspect it just sits. -- If
anybody's interested I'll describe the relevant Punch cartoon.)

I'm thinking of getting some sort of tablet. A consideration would be a very
thick "pen". suggestions, please.

Incidentally I'm left-handed and spend part of my time avoiding right-handed
mice offerred to me by well-meaning friends. Do pens and graphics tablets
have this problem?

David (the idiot) Ibbetson
end

David Ibbetson Phone: (416) 363-6692
133 Wilton Street, #506 Fax: (416) 363-4987
Toronto, Ontario Internet:
ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com
Canada M5A 4A4