Re: What is a SME

Subject: Re: What is a SME
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH2 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 07:53:02 MST

> ... It is
> derived from Spam, the *spreadable* luncheon meat, because you are
> spreading your message all around.

No can of Spam that I've ever opened has been spreadable. At
least not the original stuff; there may be a spreadable version
of it now.

> SMEs are Subject Matter Experts.

I'm sure SME has different meanings in different circles. What
does PC mean? <just an example> My first interpretation of SME
is subject matter expert (it's not capitalized), but several
other expansions have been offered.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh2 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "I am not speaking for my employer." =*=