Re: Techie or Writer?

Subject: Re: Techie or Writer?
From: "Starr, Mike" <Mike -dot- Starr -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:01:42 -0500

I guess I'm not sure which, because I really don't feel like either. I
graduated with an Associate of Applied Science in Electromechanical
Technology (the school subtitled it Robotics). I immediately littered the
countryside with my skimpy resume, responding to any ad I felt remotely
qualified for. I responded to a blind ad for an entry level tech writer
and was fortunate that Dave Nottke of Chicago Laser Systems decided to
take a chance on me and turned me into a technical writer. We've since
parted company, but I'll always be grateful to Dave for taking that
chance on me and for tutoring me through my early years. That was ten
years ago, and I feel that I've really found my niche. Thanks, Dave, if
you're "listening."

Mike Starr
mike -dot- starr -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com

Rockwell Software Inc.
A whole new world in industrial automation software
2424 South 102nd Street
West Allis, Wisconsin 53227
Phone: (414) 321-8000
Fax: (414) 321-2211