Re.: tech writing in Europe (-> AUSTRIA)

Subject: Re.: tech writing in Europe (-> AUSTRIA)
From: Steiner Franz <STEINERF -at- PCCEN -dot- AVL -dot- CO -dot- AT>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:19:00 W

Hello from Austria,

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:47:10 EST Fionnuala Broughan
(FB -at- POINTDUBLIN -dot- CCMAIL -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM) wrote
among some other things:

FB> Re UK, try Kudos*, they also have an office in Ireland**. Someone
FB> asked about Austria too, I think, try Coca Cola there: they have a
FB> small group of tech writers headed by an American woman. A bit
vague,
FB> I know, but how hard can it be to find their address? <remember
FB> Austria is not part of the EU, by the way>.

1. Austria is part of the EU! We joined it (together with Finnland and
Sweden) in 1995 (Jan., 1st).
2. Some time ago, we (AVL List in Graz/Austria) were looking for a TW from
England or the United States to join our engine test bed documentation team
- the guy will start this Friday (March, 1st).
So there is a need for English-speaking TWs in Austria, too - but I'm not
quite sure how much. I'll try to find out that during our next Austrian
tekom chapter meeting on March, 23rd and post it to the list.

Kind regards,
Franz Steiner
steinerf -at- pccen -dot- avl -dot- co -dot- at