Re[2]: Voice recognition experiences please

Subject: Re[2]: Voice recognition experiences please
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 21:49:00 -0600

I know the Power Macintoshes have voice recognition built-in. You can
give your computer commands via voice. You can have the computer read
to you. I haven't asked anyone if you can dictate to it, tho. Good
question.

No, it doesn't do dictation. But it *does* tell knock-knock jokes! And the
recognition quality depends on mike and office layout. I had it on for a
while (open mike on desk just in front of keyboard) but one time while I was
busing hammering away a couple of people walked behind my cube talking and
my system started shutting down! Open plan offices do not mix well with open
mikes. I'll turn it back on when I get an EarPhone or something similar.

Besides. Think about it. Imagine your office with everyone around you
speaking their commands to their computer! Bedlam!

Have fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- p -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
In God we trust, all others must supply data