Royalties question

Subject: Royalties question
From: "Dana B. Mackonis" <writer -at- HANDEL -dot- JLC -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 15:11:29 -0500

My attorney just called me about one of his clients, a programmer that has
been asked to write a book and they are offering her royalties. She has no
idea what a fair offer would be. Can someone who has had experience in
this, please email me privately or post to the list what a fair % is for
royalites.

Can someone also send me information about electronic rights and how you may
have handled those in connection with a book deal.

any information will be greatly appreciated, and if it is of interest to
those on the list, I will summarize and post. Thanks...

Dana B. Mackonis Brookline, NH
writer -at- handel -dot- jlc -dot- net (603) 672-4307