[Fwd: he's ba-aack ... seeking comments on usability testing]

Subject: [Fwd: he's ba-aack ... seeking comments on usability testing]
From: WandaJane Phillips <wandajp -at- ANDYNE -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 17:50:47 -0500

--------------7DE93D8E1801

Dan was having trouble posting to TECHWR-L, so I thought I'd forward this on to all of you...
--
WandaJane Phillips
Senior Technical Writer -- Pablo

--------------7DE93D8E1801

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:03:00 -0500
Sender: "Windows Help Compiler (WINHELP) Discussion List" <WINHLP-L -at- HUMBER -dot-
BITNET>
From: Dan Dornbrook <djd -at- SAFCO -dot- COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list WINHLP-L <WINHLP-L -at- HUMBER -dot- BITNET>

NOTE: Please send all replies to this E-mail directly to me at
djd -at- safco -dot- com, NOT to the list ...

Yes, it's that newsletter geek from Chicago again, seeking quotes for the
"Perspectives" column. This time I did seek them locally (from readers of
the actual newsletter) first, *but* my columnist got sick *and* is taking
two classes *and* has big projects on her paying job, so ... I'm turning to
you, my virtual neighbors in cyberspace, who so gladly have responded with
your interactive insights in the past ("unlike some of our readers," he
whined).

OK, here's the topic:
"How do you check the usability of your technical documents?"
(The question applies to either print or on-line user documentation.)

Please send your replies, preferably in 75 to 100 words, to Dan Dornbrook at
djd -at- safco -dot- com no later than Monday, March 4. Your reward will be a copy of
the published newsletter in April (*if* you send me a ship-to address) and
my eternal gratitude (hey, they don't pay me either).

Thanks,
Dan Dornbrook
Editor, Byline (Chicago Chapter, Society for Technical Communication)
Fax: (312) 631-4938
E-mail: djd -at- safco -dot- com

--------------7DE93D8E1801--