Re: VERY, VERY IMPORTANT

Subject: Re: VERY, VERY IMPORTANT
From: "Julie A. E. Tholen" <tholeja -at- ANUBIS -dot- NETWORK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 16:17:07 CST

Dear Group,

This may be a second posting, please forgive me if it is. What follows is N O T
as joke. If you can help, pass it on. Why else should we be so technically
advanced if that technology can't be put to humanitarian use?

********************<received on TRDEV-L, 2/29/96>**************************

From: Christopher T. Berchin
FROM: Dave Morello
Subject: VERY IMPORTANT

Surprisingly a serious email message. I just received the following from
my friend, Brantley Thompson. He has a friend whose sister is seriously
struggling with leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant ASAP. The
difficultly is that she is 1/2 Korean and 1/2 Caucasian. If you know
anyone who matches this composition, please email him with information as
soon as possible (please read the following). Also please pass this onto
your friends to assist him in this search.

Much thanks,
Fish
*********************<original posting follows>***************************

From: Brantley Thompson <thompson_brantley -at- jpmorgan -dot- com>
Subject: Re: Waste time helping someone

Author: mdoyle -at- cosmix -dot- com (Mike Doyle) at nylanr01 Date: 2/4/96 8:10

Friends,

My twelve year old sister has Leukemia and needs a bone marrow
transplant to survive, but has no blood-related siblings. Her name is
Karen, and she is 1/2 Korean and 1/2 North American (European
descendants). Finding out whether or not one is an appropriate donor
requires only a blood test. All expenses for the donor will of course be
paid. If you are or know anyone who is of like origin, please email me
as soon as possible at <mdoyle -at- cosmix -dot- com>. I would also appreciate your
sharing this message with the people you know. Karen's doctors are
searching through the registered donor list, and haven't had much luck.
Our best bet is to find someone who is not yet registered as a donor. I
welcome any suggestions you have, and appreciate your concern.

Thank you,
Mike