collaboratory

Subject: collaboratory
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 17:29:51 -0400

This is cross-posted to techwr-l, copyediting-l and Wordplay, since I can't
remember which list I saw the original query. No, I didn't save it
<snivel>. I'm sorry <grovel>.

Someone asked about using the term 'Collaboratory' in marketing material
for a technical institute(?) which specialized in providing space for
cooperative research projects. As I recall, responses varied from 'clever'
to 'yech'.

Well, there's a precedent. I just stumbled across a web site for the
University of Michigan Collaboratory for the Humanities:

http://www.hti.umich.edu/collaboratory/

K@ ________ Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services
LIFE1 (techwriting/document design/information services)
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) LIFE1 pays for LIFE2

"Unfortunately, most humans...forget what a computer really
is: a giant cat toy." /Judy Heim,_Internet for Cats_