Signatures in Manuals

Subject: Signatures in Manuals
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:59:00 PST

Tammy Sudol asked:

My company is presently moving towards ISO certification. We have
signature pages in all of our documents and I have been asked to
include them in our manuals as well. Is this necessary?

No way. We do Full ISO without publishing names in
the manuals.

We have had the opportunity to place our names in the
front matter, but since writers moved around among books,
it became useless. We decided to discontinue it.

Dick Dimock Artfully avoiding my name on any
manuals, just as a privacy thing,
cuz you never know at...

NCR Corp. Which wouldn't recognize my name
anyway, much less my opinions,
and which I somehow must now contrive
to segue into

El Segundo, CA Which couldn't care less if it were
segued into or not!
"I was sitting there at the stop light,
Officer, and this darn TWer just
sequed right into me!"

richard -dot- dimock -at- elsegundoca -dot- attgis -dot- com