Interface design/field lengths

Subject: Interface design/field lengths
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 22:36:02 +0100

Hello Chris,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Chris Hulin an All am 24.02.96

CH> From: Chris Hulin <chrish -at- spidernet -dot- com -dot- cy>

CH> One of the problems I have is how to fit all the
CH> fields into a window of reasonable size

<sarcastic mode on>
I cannot see your problem: An old rule-of-thumb is to put 7 +/- 2 elements on
any single screen. These should fit nicely on a 800 x 600 screen...
<sarcastic mode off>

If you have this problem, chances are good your screens are quite crowded.
Many fields allow to shift the contents out of the viewable part of the
window, but I generally think you should not use techniques like this.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander