Re: Distributing Postcript Files for Viewing

Subject: Re: Distributing Postcript Files for Viewing
From: Helen Hegelheimer <hxh -at- FORMTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:53:00 -0500

Kat Nagel said>
> Actually, I distributed the locked PostScript files to 2 Mac users, 3 PC
> users, and 1 UNIX user. The people who had access to FrameMaker (the
> application I used to create the PostScript files) could open and view the
> documents on any of the three platforms. The rest had to print them out
> and do their reviews from hardcopy.

We distribute our docs to the "outside" world using ps files created
from Frame docs. I've never been able to "open" a ps file and view
it in Framemaker. Do your customers that are able to "view" the doc
have FrameViewer also ? Your customers that can "view" the doc based
on a ps, are they able to edit it ?

Maybe I fell asleep, this is real news to me. Once we move our
doc file to a ps format, neither us or are customers have been able
to view the doc for editing purposes. Tell me how you do it ?

Helen Hegelheimer
Formtek Inc.
hxh -at- formtek -dot- com